I am writing today to talk a little bit about Thanksgiving and what it means. It could mean different things for different people, but this is my interpretation of the word. First and foremost the word has a lot to do with being thankful. I hope that we can all find something to be thankful for, whether it be a little or a lot. Who then should we thank? Throughout school we always used to write about what we are thankful for, but very little did this question come up. Who should we thank for the good in our lives? The answer is most definitely Jesus Christ. I would just simply say God which Jesus is, but some might agree with me that don't really agree with me. Some might say thank God, but they don't mean who God really is......When I say thanks I say it in the name of Jesus Christ. First and foremost I am thankful this year for forgiveness of my sins. This is the reason I can live with confident assurance in the promise of heaven. This is the reason that in these uncertain times, I find peace in the future. Second I am thankful for the companionship of my soon to be wife, she is the love of my life and who I share my life with. Third I am thankful for a good support system behind me in my family and friends. They are always there in case I need them. I am also there for them......Lastly I want to get to the point of thanksgiving and that would be the most important part.....It is the "giving" part. This is the most important part because it is not about what we can get or be thankful for, it is about being thankful for the chance to give. We are called to give, give, give and this is no exception. Believe me I could do better in all aspects of thanksgiving.....and I pray that I have the opportunity to do so this year and throughout the whole year. We should live in this thanksgiving manner every second of every day of every week of every month of every year for our lives......
No comments:
Post a Comment