I just installed Linux on my parent's computer. Not only will it run a lot better/faster for them it is secure and 100% free. It is the best for people like them that only listen to music, watch videos, and browse the net. I really suggest having Linux on your system no matter what. I have my system as dual boot, meaning that when it starts up it gives me an option to boot into Linux or Windows. Most of the time I boot into Linux and leave Windows for stuff like work because the software I need only runs on Windows (which shouldn't be that way). Anyway, if you would like to try it out let me know and I can try and walk you through the process. It really is not a big deal and anyone can do it with a little help from someone who has done it before. Without getting too detailed I will say that it would be smart for you to start looking into Linux for serious security reason in the future. Not trying to scare anyone, but everyone needs to be as safe with their information as possible, especially financial information. There is not a better OS than Linux at keeping your stuff safe. Oh yeah and it has some serious eye candy in it as well. Stuff like 3D desktop and rain and all kinds of stuff just check out some of the stuff you can do with Linux.
Big win...and grad school finally arrives (kindof)
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment