Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

It is a question that is asked every year by Christians everywhere. Is it ok to participate in Halloween tradition of trick or treat. I have heard it from both people who think that it is ok and can be non sinful and I have heard it from others who think that we as Christians are not suppose to take part in it. Let me know what your thoughts are.

2 comments:

NP said...

I don't think dressing up as batman or a fireman and walking around to get candy is too bad. However, if you make the night evil weather by what you wear or how you act, it can be just as bad as any other day of the year. Most people don't view Halloween as a night to worship the devil.

booney12 said...

Yeah, I really don't see anything wrong with participating in it. My church takes advantage of the night and has a trunk or treat every year. It's a good way to reach out to families. As a Christian though, I don't see anything wrong with the day. This coming from someone who's a member of a Southern Baptist church, a denomination people think is about as conservative as it gets when it comes to pretty much everything. I just think as long as you're not out participating in evil/dark activities, there's no harm in it. I agree with Pickel on the part about how it can be just as bad as any other night of the year. Interesting topic though because not everyone feels the same way.